Today’s lesson is about:
Today’s Learning Outcome:
To understand how to use the night sky for navigation.
Question No. 1
Do you know the name of the star in the sky that is directly over the North Pole?
- This star is called the North Star.
- As you follow it, it will always lead you towards the North.
Question No. 2
Can you name some other stars?
- Groups of stars make up constellations in the night sky.
- The Plough is a group of seven stars.
- Orion’s belt is a group of three stars that form a short line.
- The brightest star in the night sky is Sirius, the Dog Star.
Ready For Activity
- you have completed the lesson.